Sunday, March 13, 2011

TWFT: Help Japan

These last few days have no doubt felt like a nightmare for millions around the world - the devastation of Japan's earthquake and tsunami are heartbreaking.

It was only 3 weeks ago that I was holidaying in Japan, my third wonderful trip there. And now I've spent the weekend glued to news reports of this beautiful country's tragedy.

My fiance and I will be married in a little over 40 days - our best man is on his own 1st wedding anniversary in Hiroshima (fortunately well out of harm's way). And if I wasn't worried enough, my father is on a cruise - currently stopping in Japan!

OK, that's enough from me and my insignificant issues. The agony of Japan's millions is so much greater and more important.

This week's finance tip is - be generous. Be generous with your time, be generous with your love, be generous with your ideas and be generous with your money - especially for those in need.

Click on the links below to donate and find out more about the wonderful organisations doing all they can for Japan:

American Red Cross ~ deploying to the region to assist the local Japan Red Cross
Salvation Army ~ in Japan since 1895, providing emergency shelter
Shelter Box ~ providing 'emergency shelter, warmth & dignity' to people affected by disaster worldwide
Medecins sans frontieres (Doctors without borders)  ~ Medical teams on their way to the worst affected areas

Image: Reuters 12/03/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment